Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Pool Controversy

We drive past our lot every day.  They are still moving dirt around and there is always heavy equipment sitting there.  But they don't even have the lot plotted out yet.  But yet we go there everyday to see if something has changed. No such luck yet.  Our pre-construciton meeting is scheduled to happen on May2nd (tentative date) and they are scheduled to start construction on May9th.  That puts us at an early August closing!  WoooHooo!  I can't wait for some progress!

So today while we were on our daily visit to our pile of dirt, we met some neighbors who already live in the neighborhood.  They were trying to figure out where "the pool" is supposed to be built. We showed them where we were told it would be built.  In my opinion, the area hardly looks big enough for a pool and clubhouse and parking.  I am very skeptical that this pool will be built.  I have heard many stories about developments that were promised a pool that never came to fruition.  Our SR tells us that Ryan has nothing to do with the pool because the developer builds it.  We were originally told the pool was scheduled to be built this summer and will be ready by July 4th.  There is nothing even started yet.  The neighbors that we met said they have heard it is pushed back to September. ??? Who knows.  I just assuming we will have no pool and will be pleasantly surprised if we actually get one.

Has anyone built in a plan that promised a pool?  Did they actually build it?

6 comments:

  1. we almost built in a new development that promised a pool. It eventually was built, but almost a year after when we were told it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our neighborhood has one lot left to sell. There are neighbors who have lived here already seven or eight years. There is a pool, but it is no bigger than a pool you would put in your own backyard. I can see how the space seems way to small. The clubhouse we have seems tiny. The workout room is smaller than most of the bedrooms in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we do get a pool. Even a small one would benefit the kids. I grew up in a neighborhood that had a pool and our summers were awesome., I wanted my son to have the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. Sounds like your SR doesn't want to commit to a "yes" answer. I would ask the ST for the developer's info and contact them directly to ask. I think you are right to assume no pool, then be pleasantly suprised-instead of being disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were told once 100 units were sold they will do it, were at about half now so I guess another two years...we shall see

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were lucky that the pool and clubhouse were already built and there are more lots that they have yet to expand on. I think that the pool/clubhouse may have been a requirement of the person who sold the land to the developers though.

    ReplyDelete